For many patients, clear aligners are a great way to correct issues with their smile alignment. At Meason Orthodontics, we offer Invisalign®, which utilizes a series of custom trays that cover each tooth. They’re made of smooth, clear acrylic so they’re very comfortable. Best of all, you remove them for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing, which you can’t do with regular braces. Can anyone get clear aligners, or can your teeth be too crooked?
What Clear Aligners Can Fix
Clear aligners are able to fix mild to moderate levels of overbites, underbites, crossbites, gap teeth, open bites, crowded teeth, and general crookedness.
- Overbite – An overbite is when the upper front teeth overlap the lower front teeth
- Underbite – An underbite is the opposite, when the lower front teeth protrude in front of the upper ones
- Crossbite – A crossbite is when the upper and lower jaws don’t line up and some of the upper teeth sit inside the lower teeth when the mouth is closed
- Gap Teeth – Gap teeth are when two or more teeth have some extra space between them
- Open Bite – When the mouth is closed, the front upper and lower teeth don’t touch
- Crowded & Crooked Teeth – Teeth are too close together and generally misaligned
What Clear Aligners Can’t Fix
Clear aligners can fix varying degrees of the above misalignments, but if the issue is severe, you will need traditional braces. Clear aligners simply aren’t strong enough to dramatically reposition and rotate teeth. Factors like tooth shape, tooth position, large gaps, and bridgework can disqualify a person from Invisalign. If your misalignment issues are relatively mild or moderate, however, you most likely would benefit from clear aligners.
Clear Aligners in Weatherford, TX
The only sure way to know whether or not you’re a candidate for Invisalign clear aligner therapy is to come in and see us at Meason Orthodontics. Dr. Meason will assess your specific situation and discuss your dental needs. We’ll let you know if clear aligner therapy would be the most efficient treatment to reach your smile goals, or if you’d benefit from one of our other treatments. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!
Categorised in: Invisalign
This post was written by Meason Orthodontics